Tuesday, April 25, 2023

How to Delete the SoftwareDistribution Folder in Windows 10 & 11 - MajorGeeks

Looking for:

C windows softwaredistribution download folder free 













































     


- C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download deleting



 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No. Sorry this didn't help. Thanks for your feedback. Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. Search the community and support articles Windows Windows 10 Search Community member. This thread is locked.

You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. I have the same question Report abuse. Details required :. Cancel Submit. John DeV Independent Advisor. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you want to know if its safe to delete the contents for Software Distribution folder. The answer is Yes. The Software Distribution folder is a vital component for Windows Update, which temporarily stores files needed to install new updates.

It's safe to clear the content of the said folder because Windows 10 will always re-download and re-created all the necessary file and components, if removed. We always did this as a troubleshooting method if we're having trouble with Windows update. Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns. How satisfied are you with this reply? Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

A subscription to make the most of your time. Try one month free. This site in other languages x.

   

 

Is It Safe to Delete Software Distribution Folder Windows 11?



   

Would I be lucky if I disconnect from Internet time sources and set the date forward one month and reboot the computer a few times?

Total size is 10 MBytes, most of which is in the 7. There are 30 months without such a file - I may have missed a few Patch Tuesdays, but not that many.

I want to stop M. Last year M. Any day now I expect M. I don't know when Windows decides to clean up this SoftwareDistribution folder. But this is part of my regular monthly cleanup sequence. Doing this on all my systems never caused a problem so far. This stuff may not cause a problem, but it causes extreme aggravation, and I wish to avoid the problem or minimise the delay.

I archive a disc image before I allow M. Then for two weeks I want to create a further disc image so I can immediately recover if I cripple my own system,. I wait because or MByte etc. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy! Already have an account? Sign in here. Recommended Posts. Posted November 8, When does Windows purge? My experience is that most such dumps usually go away eventually when Windows decides to purge.

Is there anything I can do to accelerate this process? And how many times should I reboot? And why does stuff stay? Could they be the result of a patch that failed to install? This folder also has 18 off 40 character named files. All these files have 40 character names, and they have at least one month between them.

Do I still need them? Do I need to weaken my defence against M. Regards Alan. Link to post Share on other sites. Posted November 9, Posted November 10, Create an account or sign in to comment You need to be a member in order to leave a comment Create an account Sign up for a new account in our community. Register a new account. Sign in Already have an account? Sign In Now. Followers 0. Go to topic listing. Sign In Sign Up.



No comments:

Post a Comment